[webkit-dev] Why is gtest in the Source directory?

David Levin levin at chromium.org
Thu May 12 09:38:05 PDT 2011

It sounds like you have a helpful mental mapping for what belongs in each
directory that we haven't written anywhere.  Perhaps you could write it down
and send it to webkit-dev so that we can make it a common model.

It feels like a related topic is why are the unit tests under Tools as
opposed to being by the files that they test. Being by the files they tests
would make them easier to find and change as needed.  (For an example of
where this is done, see
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Tools/Scripts/webkitpy/common where
there is file.py and file_unittest.py)

dave