[webkit-dev] Adding ENABLE_BATTERY_STATUS to WebCore

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Wed Jun 15 02:41:01 PDT 2011

On 06/15/2011 10:21 AM, 권기홍 wrote:
> Hi webkit-dev!
>

> I wanted to let you know that I plan to add battery status event support to
> WebCore.
>
> The Battery Status Event is a new feature that is defined by W3C
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/battery-status <http://www.w3.org/TR/battery-status/>)

I am not participating in any W3C group so this might or might have been
discussed but this specification seems to be over simplified, specially if you
compare it what is provided by the power supply class of the Linux kernel[1].

What happens if you have more than one battery? Many modern devices have
backup batteries, e.g. to keep the RTC. What is the upgrade path for this
event to support applications that want to have a more detailed view (e.g. a
dashboard in a server farm that also wants to query the UPS)?

sorry for my two cents
	holger

[1]
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;f=Documentation/power/power_supply_class.txt;h=9f16c5178b662b8f9ec67f3dd7eafd6f4c89e39a;hb=HEAD