[webkit-dev] Trouble with updating Chromium' slayout test expectations

Drew Wilson atwilson at google.com
Tue Feb 22 12:01:40 PST 2011

That's an interesting thread. I had always assumed that either the testers
always synced to the same rev as the builders, or at least that they pulled
the layout test files/expectations from the builders along with the
executables. Not doing this just seems inherently broken, but I understand
why we do it.

BTW, I'm figuring that most of webkit-dev can't access that group - here's
the summary, pulled from the public chromium documentation:

*Breaks Canary bots.* Canary test bots pick the latest WebKit revision
available. Because test bots start later than build bots, test bots tend to
pick later revisions.  i.e. when a build bot picks a revision X, the
corresponding test bot will pick a revision X+delta where delta >= 0.  This
implies that any new tests added or rebaselines done in the interval (X,
X+delta] will result in test failures because the build didn't contain
necessary changes.  To detect failure caused by this, compare gclient
update's stdout on build bots and test bots.

On that note, I suspect this topic is of little interest to webkit-dev at
large, so we may want to move this to chrome-webkit-gardening for future
discussion.

-atw