[webkit-dev] Bug system: Platform and OS fields don't quite align

Mike Belshe mike at belshe.com
Tue Sep 14 10:20:49 PDT 2010

Hi,

I tend to hit code which is often chromium-platform specific.  It's hard to
know the appropriate "Platform" and "OS" fields for such a bug.  For
instance, I am working on a small change to WebKit/chromium/src/WebKit.cpp.
 It's not a Mac bug, its not a PC bug, its a Chromium bug.

Chromium is a platform of sorts.  Chromium bugs could be OS-specific (like
Windows, MacOS, etc).   So I think the platform field would be the right
place to surface such a thing.  Should the bug system surface a platform for
Chromium?  If so- perhaps there are other platforms to surface as well.  I'm
not sure when a particular flavor of webkit warrants a field in the bug
system.

If we aren't willing to reflect this through the bug system, what are the
right values for these fields?  I'm guessing the apple guys want to filter
out these bugs - how do you do it today?

Thanks,
Mike