[webkit-dev] Yet another bug-less change hosed the tree.

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Tue May 11 14:53:59 PDT 2010

On May 11, 2010, at 2:30 PM, Geoffrey Garen wrote:

>>> Maybe I would use webkit-patch if it really were quite easy. I
>>> tried it in earnest for a while, but I had to give it up because:
>>> * I couldn't find a ChangeLog workflow that fit its demands, so
>>> using it was actually more complicated than doing everything by hand
>>
>> Can you explain this in more detail?
>
> I don't know how to do either of these steps in an easy way:
>
> 1. Once I have a patch with a ChangeLog, say, "File a new bug and
> upload this patch for review." (Bonus points if the tool
> automatically made the first line of the ChangeLog the title of the
> bug.)

In the case where you don't have a ChangeLog, you can use "webkit-
patch upload" to do all these things. But I believe the step where it
lets you edit the ChangeLog may not work great if you use a non-
command-line text editor. I think if you set the EDITOR enviornment
variable to "open -t -W", it may do what you want - the ChangeLog will
be opened in Xcode and the webkit-patch script will wait until you quit.

It also doesn't modify an existing ChangeLog entry if you already made
one.

> 2. Once the patch has been reviewed, say, "Add bug # and reviewer
> information from Bugzilla, commit, and close the bug." (Bonus points
> if the commit happens via the bugzilla patch, so I can move on to
> working on another patch.)

This one is easy:

A) webkit-patch land
(if the patch is already in your tree)

B) webkit-patch land-from-bug BUGID
(to pull it from bugzilla)

It will fill in the reviewer in the ChangeLog, commit the patch, and
mark the bugzilla bug closed.

Regards,
Maciej