[webkit-dev] WebKit API native coding style?

Darin Fisher darin at chromium.org
Fri Feb 19 17:01:16 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 6:30 AM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know whether it's ok to adopt the respective platform's
> coding style in the WebKit API that a port exposes. I am working on the
> Haiku port and saw that other ports do this, but I thought I'd better ask
> before I introduce changes that may eventually be rejected. :-)
>
> Best regards,
> -Stephan

For the Chromium WebKit API, we decided to go with the WebKit coding style
(instead of Google C++ style used by Chromium), so that it would be easier
for
the WebKit community to maintain .  I think that has been helpful, and I bet
you'd
probably benefit from doing the same.  This way people working in the WebKit
codebase only need to know one set of rules.

At any rate, I believe you are free to make it match another style as Evan
pointed
out, but I thought it worth sharing our positive experience w/ using WebKit
style.

Regards,
-Darin