[webkit-dev] WebKit API native coding style?

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Fri Feb 19 18:21:04 PST 2010

On Feb 19, 2010, at 6:30 AM, Stephan Assmus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know whether it's ok to adopt the respective
> platform's
> coding style in the WebKit API that a port exposes. I am working on
> the
> Haiku port and saw that other ports do this, but I thought I'd
> better ask
> before I introduce changes that may eventually be rejected. :-)

In general it's ok.

For the mac port, we are considering using the standard Apple
Objective-C style only in public headers, and using WebKit style in
all implementation files. As part of this, we'd propose that the
standard WebKit way of naming pointers to Objective-C classes should
be "Foo*" instead of "Foo *", to match our handling of C++ classes and
other pointers.

Regards,
Maciej