[webkit-dev] JSC String re-factorings are hosing the tree.

Ojan Vafai ojan at chromium.org
Thu Apr 22 11:42:15 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Adam Roben <aroben at apple.com> wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2010, at 2:30 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:
> Builds 11611 and 11612 took 89 and 93 seconds, respectively. Seems like
> there's a fair amount of variance. In any case it sounds like the svn step
> is even less of an issue than we thought.
>
> In addition, those builds took less than 14 minutes overall, which is not
> so far off from the Leopard Release test bots. So what's causing the
> slowness on Windows?

Do we just have fewer machines running Windows tests? Also, there are huge
gaps where both the release and debug Windows Tests bots have huge idle
periods despite having pending builds to test.

For example:
http://build.webkit.org/waterfall?builder=Windows%20Debug%20(Build)&builder=Windows%20Debug%20(Tests)&builder=Windows%20Release%20(Build)&builder=Windows%20Release%20(Tests)

11:06:15-11:31:39. The debug tests bot is just idle for 25 minutes despite
having 32 pending builds to test.

With 32 pending builds, anyone checking in now will have to wait 8 hours to
see the results of their checkin on the Windows Tests bots.

Ojan