[webkit-dev] JSC String re-factorings are hosing the tree.

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Thu Apr 22 11:32:43 PDT 2010

On Apr 22, 2010, at 2:30 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Adam Roben <aroben at apple.com> wrote:
> > On Apr 22, 2010, at 2:19 PM, Adam Roben wrote:
> >> The "svn" step of the test builders takes about 4.5 minutes, compared to about 15 minutes to run the tests. I don't know if having to update two different source trees is the main problem here.
> >
> > Note that this data was for a revision where only 5 files changed. If many more files were changing, I'd expect the "svn" step to take a somewhat greater proportion of the time (though I don't have data to back this up).
>
> Why does the svn step take five minutes when only five files change?
> That seems obscenely slow.
>
> Agreed. Looking at the windows bots right now, the svn step is taking 20-40 seconds. Maybe the 5 minutes measurement was just an outlier?

Builds 11611 and 11612 took 89 and 93 seconds, respectively. Seems like there's a fair amount of variance. In any case it sounds like the svn step is even less of an issue than we thought.

In addition, those builds took less than 14 minutes overall, which is not so far off from the Leopard Release test bots. So what's causing the slowness on Windows?

-Adam