[webkit-dev] Why does the commit queue clear the review flag on every patch?

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Fri Sep 11 11:03:32 PDT 2009

On Sep 11, 2009, at 10:59 AM, Eric Seidel wrote:

> However you'll still get an email about commit-queue being canceled
> when it removes commit-queue+.

I’m not currently getting mail about changes to the status of commit-
queue flags from the webkit-reviews mailing list, so I don’t think I
will.

> If folks have opinions on what approach to take to indicate that a
> patch has been landed I'm interested to hear them! :)

I believe Maciej proposed a separate flag to indicate a patch’s landed
state, which I think is a good idea.

I also like the idea of named states rather than just "?", "+", and
"-" for the various flags. But we’ve not started making these kind of
more major bugzilla changes.

Ideally I think that recording the revision number with a trac URL and
marking a patch as landed should be a single operation, even for
someone using the web interface to bugzilla rather than a command line
tool.

     -- Darin