[webkit-dev] Why does the commit queue clear the review flag on every patch?

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Fri Sep 11 11:01:20 PDT 2009

I was not aware bugzilla was sending such emails.  That's unfortunate.

Certainly it can be changed.  It used to just close bugs which only
had one patch, but the multi-patch/single-patch code paths were
unified a while back.  The code in question can be found here:
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/WebKitTools/Scripts/bugzilla-tool#L328

The clear_attachment_flags call is here:
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/WebKitTools/Scripts/bugzilla-tool#L339

We can make it smarter to just close bugs with one patch.  However
you'll still get an email about commit-queue being canceled when it
removes commit-queue+.  You should feel encouraged to file a bug about
this (and any other) desired change to the commit-queue.

I believe others have expressed a desire not to obsolete patches after
they've been landed, so we went with clearing flags instead.  If folks
have opinions on what approach to take to indicate that a patch has
been landed I'm interested to hear them! :)

-eric