[webkit-dev] libWebKitSystemInterfaceLeopard.a with private extern symbols?

Mark Mentovai mark at chromium.org
Thu Oct 15 15:40:59 PDT 2009

'kittens,

Would it be possible to get a copy of
libWebKitSystemInterfaceLeopard.a (from WebKit/WebKitLibraries) with
all of its symbols marked private extern?  Or, if nobody actually
needs these symbols to be exported so globally, can the version that's
currently checked in be replaced with one that's got all of the
symbols marked private extern?

I'm doing symbol table maintenance on Mac Chromium, and these symbols
are some of the few that remain that we actually don't need to expose
to anyone.  I could set something up as a workaround to make these
private extern, but if at all possible, I'd rather do it the right way
by getting a build of the library with the symbols already marked
private extern.

Thanks,
Mark