[webkit-dev] libWebKitSystemInterfaceLeopard.a with private extern symbols?

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Tue Oct 20 09:12:28 PDT 2009

On Oct 15, 2009, at 3:40 PM, Mark Mentovai wrote:

> I could set something up as a workaround to make these private extern

I don’t remember if anyone answered you.

A simple way to transform the library into one with private extern
would be to use ld and -r, -exported_symbol or -exported_symbols_list,
and -keep_private_externs to make all the symbols private. This would
eliminate any need to get a new version of the library from someone at
Apple, and should be quite simple to do. The only thing I don’t know
is how to say “no exported symbols”, but it could be as simple as -
exported_symbols_list /dev/null -- you should give it a try.

I believe the problem occurs because the Chromium build uses a
different method for controlling what’s exported than what we use in
the standard Mac OS X WebKit build, which uses -exported_symbols_list.

     -- Darin