[webkit-dev] webkit apocrypha + benchmarking

Akos Kiss akiss at inf.u-szeged.hu
Wed Oct 7 03:36:24 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I hope that a lot of you are regularly visiting our benchmarking site at 
http://www.sed.hu/webkit :) . As you might know, the performance and 
memory consumption of JavaScriptCore is measured on x86 Linux and Mac 
platforms, on several benchmark suites, on a regular basis, and 
visualized in the form of nice charts.

Moreover, we also have a website called WebKit Apocrypha at 
http://webkit.sed.hu/, where we used to write blog posts. (We have been 
quite busy with other things in the last weeks - shame on us - but new 
posts are ahead!)

Now, we are merging these two together. From now on, the benchmark 
charts are available as an integrated part of our Apocrypha site: 
http://webkit.sed.hu/benchmark . The old site is still alive, but not 
for long.

Integration is not the only new issue, we started benchmarking on ARM as 
well. Come, and have a look! All comments are very welcome!

(BTW, if you do an advanced query for the results of the last month - 
say, from 7th of September till 7th of October - you can see that a 
performance improvement happened on 1st of October on all platforms. 
That's when TCmalloc got enabled by default for the Qt port. 
http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/48976 )


More information about the webkit-dev mailing list