[webkit-dev] webkit apocrypha + benchmarking

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Wed Oct 7 05:13:18 PDT 2009

On Wednesday 07 October 2009 12:36:24 Akos Kiss wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I hope that a lot of you are regularly visiting our benchmarking site at
> http://www.sed.hu/webkit :) . As you might know, the performance and
> memory consumption of JavaScriptCore is measured on x86 Linux and Mac
> platforms, on several benchmark suites, on a regular basis, and
> visualized in the form of nice charts.

Do you think you could use HTML5/Canvas for the charts like the Chromium folks
do? And do you think it would be possible to document the setup? Specially how
the memory usage is determined and last would be the question if you would be
willing to run some webkit tests as well?

The reason I ask is that I have recently started building a page loading test
for the poor[1] and a script/application to mirror content.

holger

[1] http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitPerformanceWork