[webkit-dev] Layering weirdness in chrome tree

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Tue Nov 10 11:53:04 PST 2009

I just noticed that there are a bunch of WebCore platform
implementations being landed in Chrome's WebKit API rather than in
WebCore/platform.  This seems incorrect to me as there is no other
place where this sort of mis-layering occurred, the obvious files that
stand out are:

ApplicationCacheHost.cpp
GraphicsContext3D.cpp
MediaPlayerPrivateChromium.cpp
PlatformMessagePortChannel.*
ResoureHandle.cpp
DOMUtilitiesPrivate.*

I see no obvious reason for these being placed in WebKit -- as far as
I can tell these represent a layering violation: it's not possible to
build the WebCore directory into it's own library due to the hard
dependency on the chrome webkit 'api'.

--Oliver