[webkit-dev] SharedWorkers alternate design

Michael Nordman michaeln at google.com
Thu May 28 16:12:04 PDT 2009

> I think it was pretty clear from the thread that X and XClient is prefered
> when you have 2 way communication.  In some cases, you have X which is the
> interface, XImpl which is the implementation, and XProxy for a proxy.
>
> But yeah....I think Foo and FooClient is the way to go with Impl and Proxy
> if you need to have 2 versions of each (which I think you do).

In my case, I want to reserve the name ApplicationCache for an object
that contains a collection of entries which lives strincly in the
'backend'. So i guess that leave me with for following for the
front/back splitting related things...

ApplicationCacheClient    // for the 'frontend'
ApplicationCacheServiceProxy   // for the front to talk to the back

ApplicationCacheService  // for the 'backend'
ApplicationCacheClientProxy  // for the back to talk to the front

.... which works for me just fine.