[webkit-dev] WebKit resource caching

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at trolltech.com
Thu May 14 11:13:52 PDT 2009

> I just wanted to know what impact does this value has on the WebKit
> resource caching behavior. What would happen if I reduce this value to a
> much smaller value? This value of 8 MB is quite big especially if WebKit is
> running on an embedded platform with limited resources.

It is the default cache capacity. It does not matter much if there is an API
function that allows you to set/override the cache capacity to 0 or whatever
you need.

For example, for the Qt port we have QWebSettings::setObjectCacheCapacities()
which can be used to fine tune the cache. See:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qwebsettings.html#setObjectCacheCapacities

--
Ariya Hidayat, Software Engineer
Qt Software, Nokia Devices R&D