[webkit-dev] Re gular safari browser opens when you run Webkit/WebkitTools/Scripts/run-safari in cygwin

Subramanya ns1swamy at gmail.com
Tue May 5 22:25:16 PDT 2009

Hi,
I am a newbie to webkit and web programming.I have installed the webkit
framework on windows xp with visual studio 2005 sp1.I am looking for some
small sample applications  to explore the interfaces and features provided
by the webkit framework and how they can be used along with visual studio.

       Toward this I looking Winlauncher(available in webkit/WebkitTools).I
was able to open WinLauncher.vcproj in visual studio. I opened
WinLauncher.cpp and built it sucessfully giving the message-
Build: 1 succeeded,  0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped
When I try to run it I get the error -
This application has failed to start because icuuc40.dll was not
found.Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

How can I fix this error and what would be the best way to get started with
using the webkit framework?I have looked at "Introduction to WebKit
Objective-C Programming Guide" towards the same.Any help is welcome.Thanks a
lot.