[webkit-dev] Re gular safari browser opens when you run Webkit/WebkitTools/Scripts/run-safari in cygwin

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Mon May 4 22:15:47 PDT 2009

On May 5, 2009, at 1:04 AM, Subramanya wrote:

>                But when i run the command
> "Webkit/WebkitTools/Scripts/run-safari" it opens up the regular safari
> browser without the golden rimmed icon.

We don't use the gold compass icon on Windows, even when running a
custom version of WebKit.

> How can I check if the webkit
> framework is indeed built?

Type this into Safari's address field and press Return:

javascript:alert(navigator.userAgent);

If you see a version like "AppleWebKit/530+", then your built version
of WebKit is being used (the "+" is the important part).

-Adam