[webkit-dev] Fwd: Review queue needs love

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Fri Jun 19 11:54:08 PDT 2009

On Jun 19, 2009, at 11:46 AM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2009, at 11:05 AM, Drew Wilson wrote:
>
>> I absolutely understand that there are ways to proactively find
>> reviewers, and I'm *not* complaining about the time being taken (I
>> understand the constraints that most of the webkit reviewers have
>> been under the last few weeks with WWDC, etc). As you say, we can
>> always ping people on IRC to find reviewers for bugfixes.
>>
>> I was more specifically wondering if there was something about this
>> patch that made it not show up on the list Eric provided below. My
>> concern is because the bugfix came from a google.com address, it
>> might have been getting lumped in with the "oh, must be Yet Another
>> Chromium Patch so I won't worry about it" list, which if true has
>> troubling implications given that there are an increasing number of
>> Googlers that are making contributions to WebKit that have nothing
>> to do with Chromium.
>
> I try to tag Chromium-specific bugs with [Chromium] in the bug title
> when I go through the review queue, and I know others do as well, so
> from the fact that this bug is not so tagged you can assume we are
> aware it is a cross-platform fix.

I should also note, in case this helps assuage your concerns, that
many cross-platform patches submitted by Google contributors have been
reviewed by non-Google reviewers, probably the majority of such
patches. We definitely don't want every company to become an island of
review, in fact I'd love it if more patches from Apple contributors
were reviewed by non-Apple reviewers.

Regards,
Maciej