[webkit-dev] MIPS port problem - cti_op_put_by_id slow case problem

Jeremy Orlow jorlow at chromium.org
Wed Jun 17 14:12:41 PDT 2009

IANAL (and correct me if I'm wrong), but....
1) Parts of WebKit are licensed under the LGPL
2) Even if you're not modifying (or copying code from) files licensed under
the LGPL, any files linked to those LGPL files are governed by the LGPL
3) Presumably you're going to distribute binaries that include your modified
version of WebKit
4) And thus aren't you compelled to release the source code for anything
linked to any LGPL whenever 3 happens?

If so, why not just develop in the open?