[webkit-dev] Review states

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Wed Jun 17 08:14:10 PDT 2009

On Jun 17, 2009, at 1:39 AM, Mark Rowe wrote:

> On 2009-06-17, at 00:41, Eric Seidel wrote:
>
>> I propose altering our bugzilla setup to have the following review
>> states (effectively adding a 4th state):
>>
>> review:
>> REQUESTED
>> DENIED
>> APPROVED WITH MODIFICATIONS
>> APPROVED
>
> I think "DENIED" could also do with having a hard and soft state.
> One to indicate that the approach is completely wrong, and another
> to indicate that the approach is sound but it just needs another
> round of improvements and review.
>
> Also, does Bugzilla support custom states for flags?  ISTR that it
> only allows the three states and provides no means of changing their
> names.

If I were to name the states, then instead of review? / review- /
review+, I would have something like:

Review
Rejected (for the rare case where the concept of a patch tries to do
is completely wrong; often in this case the bug will also be INVALID)
Revise and Resubmit
Commit with Changes (probably this should only be used when the patch
submitter is a commiter)
Commit

If flags won't cut it, we could try to teach bugzilla to use something
else as the basis for review, such as keywords or the status whiteboard.

I would also like to change the names of the bug states and
resolutions; I don't know how much we are constrained by bugzilla here.

Regards,
Maciej