[webkit-dev] How to find a WebKit Nightly corresponding roughly to particular Safari version

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Mon Jun 15 07:55:35 PDT 2009

On Jun 14, 2009, at 10:02 AM, Thomas Jaggi wrote:

> Hello there
>
> I'm new to this list and hope it's the right place to get rid of my
> question. Otherwise I want to apologize.
>
> Well, I'd like to download a WebKit Nightly Build which corresponds
> roughly to Safari 3.2.3 (respectively 2.0.4). There is a version
> matrix on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safari_
> (web_browser) ) but since the Nightly Builds are numbered
> differently it's quite complicated. I tried downloading and checking
> some of them with a detection script but that takes quite some time.
> Is there anywhere a matrix which compares Nightly Builds and the
> versions which made it into Safari? I doesn't have to be exactly the
> same, I only need them for CSS testing.

In general you can look at http://trac.webkit.org/browser/releases/
Apple to see what Subversion revisions correspond to various releases
of Safari. Most/all releases are made from a branch, and nightlies are
made from trunk, so the nightlies won't match the release exactly.

It looks like Safari 3.2.3 (and 3.2.2) is missing from that page. Mark
Rowe might know why. Safari 2.0.4 predates when we started making tags
of Safari releases in Subvesion.

-Adam