[webkit-dev] Git Familiarity (was ChangeLog)

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Sun Jul 5 17:00:55 PDT 2009

> However, not everyone on the project is comfortable with git (or is
> willing to give up svn), so I don't see a near-term solution at the
> moment other than improving the existing tools (prepare-ChangeLog,
> resolve-ChangeLogs, etc.).

I have heard this for about a year and presumable it has gone down
over the year so I am curious what percentage of developers use Git or
more importantly don't know git today.  Both Nokia and TorchMobile use
Git completely.  Gnome has switch to Git earlier this year so
presumably the Gtk developers know Git (correct me if I am wrong).
Can someone from Apple and Google comment on how much Git usage you
guys have?  I am curious how close (or far away) we are to a tipping
point where most of the devs know or are familiar with Git.

-Benjamin Meyer