[webkit-dev] Getting more buildbots green

Zan Dobersek zandobersek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 09:42:14 PST 2009

Joe Mason wrote:
> Maybe the automated regression should run with --random to be sure that
> dependencies between tests are shaken out.  On the other hand, you
> really want your regression to be deterministic - maybe a second run
> with --random scheduled once a week or so?

While this, ignoring how random randomness can get, is possible, we
probably wouldn't see constant failures or successes. It would be wise
to solve this in WebKit itself, as similar problems could also appear in
real-life usage.

For the Gtk port, it would make sense to empty the Skipped list, run all
  the tests, fill Skipped list with tests that generate new results and
then start filling in bugs for tests that are failing or need
implementation of specific features to succeed and add them to the
Skipped as well. The layout tests would go green, and their number would
increase as the bugs get fixed.

About JSC regressions on the Gtk buildbot - Qt was seeing a similar
amount of regressions, but they disappeared after r38901 [1].

[1] http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/38901