[webkit-dev] li with position outside combined with img float left problem

David Kilzer ddkilzer at webkit.org
Thu Feb 5 17:42:21 PST 2009

Please file a bug on <https://bugs.webkit.org/>.  Thanks!

Dave

________________________________
From: Magnus Rembold <magnus.rembold at munterbund.de>
To: webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org
Sent: Thursday, February 5, 2009 11:41:58 AM
Subject: [webkit-dev] li with position outside combined with img float left problem

A complete description of the problem with source HTML and inline CSS together with images can be found here:
http://www.munterbund.de/problems/090205/li_outside_and_img_float_problem.html

My question is: this is obviously not as is should be. Do the "standards" require that this is displayed this way? Or is it only a part of the rendering, that's considered "not important"? Or will it be fixed in some way? Everybody that I asked told me to format <li> in a completely awkward way with background pictures and so on. This shouldn't be necessary or am I wrong?

Thanks kindly for your replys, comments or suggestions!
Best regards,
Magnus

Magnus Rembold                ZÜRCHER HOCHSCHULE DER KÜNSTE
Dozent IT                        Zurich University of the Arts

Fon +41 43 446 3256                Ausstellungsstrasse 60
Fax +41 43 446 4587                CH-8031 Zürich
http://iad.zhdk.ch                    Switzerland