[webkit-dev] GDOM patch spam

Maxime Simon simon.maxime at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 12:26:24 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 20:33, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood at gmail.com> wrote:

> All I know is that Eric and the other hard-working WebKit reviewers
> and committers have patiently steered my student Maxime and myself
> into submitting good patches for the Haiku port, which they have
> promptly committed. All for a platform which has a much, much, much
> smaller user base than the GDOM bindings probably have.
>
> So it is silly to think there is any discrimination toward GDOM. If
> you are not following the clearly laid out guidelines for submitting
> code to the project you should not expect code to be accepted.
>
> Also I think a little patience and respect is due given how hard Eric
> and everyone else on the project works to review patches and commit
> code (I think it is safe to say they are INUNDATED just about every
> day.)
>
> In the same way that you expect people from WebKit to respect
> contributors, you should respect all the work they have done to make
> something so nice for the rest of us to benefit from.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ryan

+1
I should also say that we have been well received by the reviewers.

And if WebKit is as important and as cross-platform'ed as now it's
because people accepted to follow the coding style, the review
system, and were enough patient to contribute something clean.

A big project like WebKit can not be good and useful if everyone
does as he pleases.

Maxime