[webkit-dev] Using JavaScriptCore in Win32

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 11:51:37 PDT 2009

Hi Brian,

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Brian Barnes<ggadwa at charter.net> wrote:
> Darin Adler wrote:
>>
>> I believe if you leave it out of the path, then you will get stdbool.h and
>> stdint.h from Visual Studio itself and everything will be fine.
>>
> There is no such file (stdbool or stdint) for MSVC 9, hence my current
> problems :)  I don't think they've ever had it.  I copied over yours to
> attempt the compile.  Note that it would be rather dangerous to use a DLL
> compiled with different bool's then what I was having in the headers, which
> is also my desire to get the proper compile for the headers.

I put together an example Windows port of the Apple Developer CallJS
example (http://idisk.mac.com/bfulgham-Public/CallJS.zip).  In it, I
put together a "WebKit SDK" folder with headers, link libraries, and
dlls for everything.

The Apple port (which you cannot redistribute to end users) requires
(among other things) Apple's CoreFoundation library.  The
CoreFoundation build dependencies include stdbool and stdint header
files.   The WinCairo port uses the freely redistributable CFLite
library, which includes effectively the same stdbool/stdint headers.

Thanks,

-Brent