[webkit-dev] Using JavaScriptCore in Win32

Brian Barnes ggadwa at charter.net
Mon Aug 10 11:01:11 PDT 2009

Darin Adler wrote:
> On Aug 10, 2009, at 10:44 AM, Brian Barnes wrote:
>
>> JSBase.h includes stdbool.h, which is where this error comes from.  I
>> need JSBase to compile scripts, unless I'm mistaken here.
>
> The the os-win32 directory is not intended for use from clients using
> JavaScriptCore, and it shouldn't be in your include path. It’s only
> for use building JavaScriptCore and WebKit itself on old versions of
> Windows.
>
> I believe if you leave it out of the path, then you will get stdbool.h
> and stdint.h from Visual Studio itself and everything will be fine.
>
>     -- Darin

There is no such file (stdbool or stdint) for MSVC 9, hence my current
problems :)  I don't think they've ever had it.  I copied over yours to
attempt the compile.  Note that it would be rather dangerous to use a
DLL compiled with different bool's then what I was having in the
headers, which is also my desire to get the proper compile for the headers.

As a matter of fact, I actually changed my original header typedef of
bool to match yours (it doesn't effect my code and will keep it from
crashing.)

bool still needs to be defined (as far as I can tell) in MSVC 9.

[>] Brian