[webkit-dev] HTML5 Application Cache

Anders Carlsson andersca at apple.com
Wed Sep 10 23:46:09 PDT 2008

9 sep 2008 kl. 20.42 skrev Michael Nordman:

> What is the status of the work-in-progress around the HTML5 AppCache
> that is in the repository? Is anybody actively working on that now?
> I'm interested in incorporating support for this feature into Chrome
> is why I'm asking.
>
> Michael

Hey Michael!

As far as the specification goes, the two big parts that aren't
implemented are opportunistic entries, and dynamic entries.

Also, all I/O is currently synchronous which is of course something
that we'd like to avoid. The relevant code is (as you probably already
know) in WebCore/loader/appcache, but also elsewhere in the loader,
surrounded by #if ENABLE(OFFLINE_WEB_APPLICATIONS).

The code hasn't received a lot of testing (given that the spec is
fairly new and in flux). Some regression tests are in LayoutTests/http/
tests/appcache.

Any feedback/comments you have is of course much appreciated!

Anders