[webkit-dev] HTML5 Application Cache

Michael(tm) Smith mike at w3.org
Wed Sep 10 23:37:59 PDT 2008

Michael Nordman <michaeln at google.com>, 2008-09-09 11:42 -0700:

> What is the status of the work-in-progress around the HTML5 AppCache that is
> in the repository? Is anybody actively working on that now? I'm interested
> in incorporating support for this feature into Chrome is why I'm asking.

I'd been wondering the same thing myself, so I asked yesterday on
#webkit on irc.freenode.net. The response from a couple of people
there familiar with the code was that support for ApplicationCache
(and I think in general for the offline-webapps part of the HTML5
spec) is on par with what's currently supported in Gecko. One
limitation is that it doesn't support opportunistic caching -- but
Gecko's implementation has the same limitation.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike/