[webkit-dev] Compiling WebKit on Mac OS 10.3.9

Hashim, Shuhdi shuhdi.hashim at pearson.com
Mon Sep 8 11:46:35 PDT 2008

We distribute a Java-based application that uses WebKit to display flash
content on the Mac.  We have successfully bundled a version of WebKit
for Mac OS 10.4 and 10.5.  Looking at the Safari 1.3 source for 10.3.9
systems, it seems that it hasn't changed in a while.  I tried to build a
WebKit for 10.3.9 by grabbing the codebase for Safari 1.3.  It failed to
compile correctly.  I then tried to compile the Safari 1.2 codebase but
it also failed.  I have found multiple blogs online about others not
being able to compile a WebKit for 10.3.9.  Can anyone please help me in
figuring out how to compile WebKit for 10.3.9?

Thanks,

Shuhdi