[webkit-dev] WebKit rendering engine for CD autorun program

Rick graham.rick at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 13:28:44 PDT 2008

Михаил:

    I was thinking of creating demos along the same lines.  Not for
webkit, but for firefox not that it matters.  What I was thinking of
doing was making a bootable USB key with Ubuntu on it, my demo and all
the required support on the 'live' USB key.  16gig USB keys are not
expensive, 8gigs would probably be more than enough unless you have a
LOT of data.

   I have found that even using the same browser, support libraries
across OS's, and even distros, can have a huge impact on performance,
which makes a big difference on my SVG demos.

   This would require powering up the computer to boot from the USB
drive, but, total control as long as the hardware is ok.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Михаил Шестаков
<mike.shestakov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to create a promo CD that starts automatically when disc is
> inserted. I have prepared a bunch of HTML files I want to distibute on
> a CD. These HTML pages are very dynamic and use a lot of JavaScript
> (JQuery to be more exact). The thing is that I don't want to rely on
> end user to have modern browser installed on his machine.
>
> I am looking for a build of Webkit that is intended for that purpose.
> It would be absolutely amazing to have the same thing available for
> Mac and Linux as well.
> And the best solution would be a program, that builds one big EXE
> package with rendering engine+HTML content which starts fullscreen.
>

> Thanks a lot!
>
> Here is a presentation:
> http://mike.sbubnom.ru/

Cheers!