[webkit-dev] WebKit rendering engine for CD autorun program

Andre-John Mas ajmas at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 13 13:49:39 PDT 2008

On 10-Oct-08, at 16:18 , Михаил Шестаков wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to create a promo CD that starts automatically when disc is
> inserted. I have prepared a bunch of HTML files I want to distibute on
> a CD. These HTML pages are very dynamic and use a lot of JavaScript
> (JQuery to be more exact). The thing is that I don't want to rely on
> end user to have modern browser installed on his machine.
>
> I am looking for a build of Webkit that is intended for that purpose.
> It would be absolutely amazing to have the same thing available for
> Mac and Linux as well.
> And the best solution would be a program, that builds one big EXE
> package with rendering engine+HTML content which starts fullscreen.

Hi,

Would it not be simpler, to simply have the web pages loaded by the
user's
favourite browser? Using this approach would ensure that all platforms
have access to the content, and it would probably save you a lot of
work.

All you need to do is ensure that the auto-run script, if that is the
approach you want to use points to the right place. You should also
ensure
that an the entry-point HTML is available top level for anyone having
disabled auto-run.

André