[webkit-dev] 答复: About the layout test result.

Dan Bernstein mitz at apple.com
Mon Oct 6 20:36:05 PDT 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 7:55 PM, Bely wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
>     Thanks for your reply!
>

> I am running the tests on windows, with cygwin installed. After
> build it in VC8 using “debug”
>
> configuration, I execute the tests by invoking run-webkit-tests in
> cygwin console like:
>

> ./run-webkit-tests
>

> First time it says WebKitGUID.lib is missing, I rename
> WebKitGUID_debug.lib to WebKitGUID.lib,
>
> And later it says WTF_debug.lib is missing, again I rename
> WTF_debug.lib to WTF.lib, then I began to run the tests and
>
> Got the result.
>

> Is there anything wrong with my process?

Hi Bely,

Many layout tests’ results are
dependent on the fonts that are available on the system. When you run
the tests on Windows, the results for most tests are compared against
the expected results in LayoutTests/platform/mac, so it is expected
that the results will mismatch, because a typical installation of
Windows is missing many fonts that are available on Mac OS X.

Thanks,
-- Dan