[webkit-dev] WebCoreLocalizedStrings

Jason Hullinger sshjason at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 14:23:06 PDT 2008

I'm building a Win32 project that links to WebCore.lib and I'm getting some
linker errors, for instance: Error    1    error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "class WebCore::String __cdecl
WebCore::unknownFileSizeText(void)" (?unknownFileSizeText at WebCore
@@YA?AVString at 1@XZ)    WebCore.lib

All of them are coming from not finding methods in WebCoreLocalizedStrings.
I see that in WebCoreLocalizedStrings it is calling LPCTSTR_UI_STRING, which
is defined as: #define LPCTSTR_UI_STRING(string, comment)
WebLocalizedLPCTSTRUTF8(&LOCALIZABLE_STRINGS_BUNDLE(FRAMEWORK_NAME), string)

I can not find, for instance, ?unknownFileSizeText at WebCore@@YA?AVString at 1@XZ,
in the library that WebCore generated, so my question is, do I need to
compile WebCore telling it where to find the localized.strings file, do I
need to compile my project to find the file, or is there something else I'm
missing?

Thanks much,

~/Jason Hullinger