[webkit-dev] Purpose of script debug-safari?

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Wed Nov 26 08:14:21 PST 2008

On Nov 26, 2008, at 5:10 AM, Jack Wootton wrote:

> Can anyone clarify the purpose of the script debug-safari?

Sure:

> I loaded
> the webkit project into VS 2005, built it using cygwin, launched using
> the script run-safari and then attached the safari process to the
> project imported into VS 2005.

One step you didn't mention was setting the WEBKITOUTPUTDIR and
WEBKITLIBRARIESDIR environment variables prior to opening WebKit.sln
inside Visual Studio.

The purpose of the script is to remove the need to perform these
actions manually. With the script, the sequence is:

Run debug-safari
Place breakpoints
Press F5

> I did not require the script debug-safari for this.  Am I doing
> something wrong?

Nope, you're just duplicating manually the things the script does
automatically.

-Adam