[webkit-dev] Purpose of script debug-safari?

Jack Wootton jackwootton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 09:58:56 PST 2008

Apologies for the multiple questions, but this process seems to have
presented a few problems for me:

Point 1.  I don't know if this is the best way to do it but I would
have thought most people load the webkit project into VS 2005, and
then attempt to run safari and debug it.  However the webkit project
cannot be loaded into VS 2005 without having already set
WEBKITLIBRARIESDIR.  So I don't see how debug-safari precludes the
need to set WEBKITLIBRARIESDIR.

Point 2. I don't know what value the system variable WEBKITOUTPUTDIR
should have and can't find any instructions online, can someone help?

Pont 3. Running debug-safari in cygwin results in VS 2005 opening for
a second time even though I already have it opened with project code
loaded.  This seems odd since I end up with two instances of VS 2005,
one with project code and one with safari.exe listed in the project
panel.  Am I using the command incorrectly?

Many thanks,
Jack

--
Regards