[webkit-dev] PDF rendering for HTML

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Thu May 22 18:21:21 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Habiba Boulefat <h.boulefaat at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using an application that converts html to pdf.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/
>
> And now i would like to add some modifications.

This is a question about a Qt application that uses WebKit: on
webkit-dev, we deal with WebKit internal development. You should ask
that type of question on a Qt mailing list
(http://lists.trolltech.com/).

> my goal is:
> if there is a proxy that my application must crosses to acces the web, how
> can i do to specify to my app the name of the proxy and it's port.
> I believed to hear that WebKit use the Linux Environment Variables to read
> and to use a proxy.

After a small research, I think it is not the case (we do not try to
read any of the variables you mentioned). It may be enforced at the Qt
network back-end level (a quick search did not provide any useful
answer however the likely answer is that it does not).
It would make sense for us to support them somehow (Firefox has an
extension to do that). Could you file a bug on WebKit bugzilla
(https://bugs.webkit.org (you will need to register a free account))?

> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1586.html
>
> It seems that There is some ones to configure in the Shell:
> ftp_proxy
> http_proxy
> all-proxy
> no_proxy
>
> But I do not know how to configure them and i don't knew If it is these
> variables which WebKit uses to manage the support of the proyx?

Some google searches will tell you how to set them. Your best move is
to check the variables yourself and set the proxy (to get the
variables' values, use getenv(3)).

Regards,

Julien