[webkit-dev] How relevant is the data at the listed url?

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue May 20 13:17:30 PDT 2008

I downloaded the nightly, and set the bash env var as per instructions.
`run-safari` does not seem to work, or I need a full path to it, but I
can not locate the app. Has the procedure changed?
Just launching Safari nightly from the Finder, and then running leaks
safari does generate a report, telling me there are leaks. Should I
send that in, or am I performing the steps wrong?
I am trying to pin down a slowdown issue in Safari, where entering a
URL and pressing return does nothing for several seconds. Eventually,
action is taken and the page loader animation starts spinning. I use
cmd-return often to inspire a new page to load in a new tab, the new
tab is always made, but it is empty for several seconds, and then
loads in.
Quit Safari, and the behavior goes back to normal. Right now, I am
testing to see if this is input manager related, so I have pulled out
the one that I was using. I am running a meta refresh every one second
on a local html file. Every page load uses 100k more memory, and
growing.
It is curious in that it is a local file, and the page is just
refreshed, so I can not see why after the first page load, Safari
needs more memory, it should be 100% cached.
Thanks for any information in regards to this.
--
Scott
talklists at newgeo.com