[webkit-dev] Offscreen rendering question

Serge Lages serge.lages at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 09:07:56 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I am currently evaluating WebKit for a particular purpose but I can't manage
to find answers with the documentation I found or by browsing the code.
That's why I give it a try on the list.

Actually, I would like to have a simple WebKit doing the following :

- It render pages into a memory buffer with a classic image format (RGBA or
something else).
- I send him inputs and it tells me if the memory buffer has been updated
and where (coordinates and size of the updated zone).
- It works under Linux/Windows/Mac.

So, I would like to know if it's possible and why (using an existing port or
making mine, or even by making my own rendering backend ?). Thanks in
advance for any help.

Cheers,

--
Serge Lages