[webkit-dev] Clarification regarding window.location.replace() in Webcore bindings.

David Kilzer ddkilzer at webkit.org
Thu Mar 27 09:32:43 PDT 2008

Maheswari Govindaraju <gmaheswari at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently using the Webkit revision 26699.
> In this version, the window.location.replace() is implemented in the
> file Webcore/bindings/js/kjs_window.cpp.
>
> I wanted to check in the latest revision, but couldn't locate the file.
>     Could you please let me know in which file directory the window
> functionalities are implemented?

The easiest way to locate these types of changes (in this case a file rename)
is to use the ChangeLog.  Searching WebCore/ChangeLog for "kjs_window.cpp",
you'll see it was renamed to JSDOMWindowBase.cpp on March 4.

However, you may also note that there is no "replace" method in that file
anymore.  Instead, window.location.replace() is now auto-generated from
WebCore/page/Location.idl (as of March 26).  Likewise, the window object is
generated from WebCore/page/DOMWindow.idl.  Where the autogenerated files live
depends on the port of WebKit you're building.  Which port are you working on?

> This function currently doesn't seem to support parameter passing
> along with the urls, in this revision.
> (I found this to be supported in Firefox. )

Please file a bug on <http://bugs.webkit.org/> if you would like to see this
enhancement added.  Please provide links to the function where it's documented
(Mozilla usually does a good job of this) and attach a working test case to the
bug.

Thanks!

Dave