[webkit-dev] Changes to keyboard event handling

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Thu Mar 27 04:46:33 PDT 2008

On Mar 27, 2008, at 2:22 PM, Fabian Jakobs wrote:
> How can I decide if the WebKit my JavaScript runs on is using the
> new or
> the old key handling? Is there a way to determine it e.g. from the
> user
> agent string?

   In most cases, it should be possible to write code that works in
both Safari 3.0 and 3.1 (and other browsers as well). Sometimes it can
be straightforward, other times more tricky - if you have a specific
use case, please post it, hopefully myself or someone else will have
an idea how to implement it in a cross-browser manner.

   But failing that, there's always <http://trac.webkit.org/projects/webkit/wiki/DetectingWebKit
 >.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov