[webkit-dev] renaming some things in JavaScriptCore

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Fri Jun 13 16:16:25 PDT 2008

These renames all sound good to me.

On Jun 13, 2008, at 3:44 PM, Darin Adler wrote:

> Change some filenames and header guards:
>
>     "property_slot" => "PropertySlot",
>     "scope_chain" => "ScopeChain",
>     "scope_chain_mark" => "ScopeChainMark",
>
>     "KJS_PROPERTY_SLOT_H" => "PropertySlot_h",
>     "KJS_SCOPE_CHAIN_H" => "ScopeChain_h",
>     "scope_chain_mark_h" => "ScopeChainMark_h",

Should we also rename other files that use the old
lowercase_underscore convention instead of the new MixedCase
convention? Files in this category would be (leaving off extensions):

array_instance
array_object
bool_object
collector
completion
date_object
debugger
dtoa
error_object
function
function_object
grammar.y
identifier
internal
interpreter
lexer
list
math_object
nodes
nodes2string
number_object
object
object_object
operations
protect
regexp
regexp_object
string_object
types
ustring
value

Perhaps some of these should be renamed along with directory moves
instead, since SVN may have trouble with case-only renames.

Regards,
Maciej