[webkit-dev] renaming some things in JavaScriptCore

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Fri Jun 13 16:23:30 PDT 2008

On Jun 13, 2008, at 4:16 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Should we also rename other files that use the old
> lowercase_underscore convention instead of the new MixedCase
> convention?

I do want to do those renames too.

One reason I didn't propose them yet is that many of those files
contain multiple things and ought to be split rather than just
renamed. When I looked at each file and tried to come up with a new
name, it wasn't trivial. I really like the "file name and class name
are identical" naming scheme.

Another reason is that I was unsure about whether the script could
handle case-change-only renames. So maybe it's good to do them when
reorganizing the directories.

     -- Darin