[webkit-dev] Carbide variant.cfg error
jackwootton at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 01:46:52 PDT 2008
I'm still attempting to build webkit s60 with Carbide :P
Having read the Limitations section of Nokia's guide to building
WebKit s60 (http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Building_S60Webkit#Limitations)
The Limitations section suggests the following:
1. Set up a permanent "subst" of X: to the EPOCROOT.
2. Create an additional SDK descriptor for devices.exe that refers to
your X: drive as the EPOCROOT.
3. Overwrite variant.cfg in your 3.0 SDK with the copy included with
the browser source (in S60\S60Internals\S60Variant.zip).
In relation to the above 3 instructions, I did the following:
1. I remapped drive X: to my EPOCROOT of the s60 SDK. It was already
mapped from the build command, but I did it again to make sure.
2. I wasn't sure what this meant, but I assumed it meant adding an
entry to the SDK list in Carbide. So I went to:
Windows -> Preferences -> Carbide C++ -> SDK Preferences.
There was already an entry there for the SDK, but it pointed to
EPOCROOT on C:, so I added a new entry that used drive X: (the mapped
drive). This initially did not work (and displayed in red): Carbide
couldn't determine the OS version or SDK version (why?). However, I
just entered these values manually since they were the same as the SDK
entry that used the C: EPOCROOT. The SDK entry then changed from red
to black (seemed OK).
3. I extracted variant.cfg from S60\S60Internals\S60Variant.zip and
added it to \Epoc32\tools\variant , this replaced the existing
I then tried to build s60-WebKit from Carbide, however the following
error message results:
ERROR: \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\epoc32\tools\variant\variant.cfg specifies
\S60\S60Internals\S60.hrh which doesn't exist!
So I looked in variant.cfg and found a single line:
I check, and I do have this file.
Can anyone help?
More information about the webkit-dev