[webkit-dev] How to use webkit ?

David Kilzer ddkilzer at webkit.org
Fri Jul 11 03:57:52 PDT 2008

On Fri, 7/11/08, Nemix <ereas_dre at hotmail.com> wrote:

> After more readings on this subject, I have some others
> questions.
>
> I can use JavaFX as JNI, right ? (only if it works with
> iphone, I havn't
> this information... if someone know ^^)
> Can I use AWT ?

Java is not available on iPhone OS.  You can't use any Java-related technology.

> If I choose a web browser based on the WebKit (as OWG or
> Qt), I place it
> into a Container and use javascript functions to do what I
> want ? Or it
> isn't what I have to do ?

That's possible to do in Objective-C ("Cocoa Touch") on iPhone OS using a UIWebDocumentView.

> I thought I can use eclipse to develop my application (as I
> do usually), and
> I would like to use it to develop this application.

I'm not sure how well Eclipse supports Objective-C.  I'd recommend using Xcode, which is the free IDE available for Mac OS X.

http://www.apple.com/xcode
http://developer.apple.com/tools/xcode/

Dave