[webkit-dev] flash player on Linux?

marcoil marc.ordinasillopis at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 02:52:13 PDT 2008

Hi,

El dt 08 de 07 del 2008 a les 06:39 +0000, en/na leslie lige va
escriure:
> is it possible  to play flash in a webkit browser under x86-Linux ? how to do that?
> I'm trying to use Qt 4.4.0 's demo browser, but I can't find any suitable flashplayer plugin for it.

Yes, support for the flash player and other NPAPI plugins has been in
QtWebKit for a while now. You'll need to install the latest stable
version of adobe's flash player, which you can find at
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P2_Platform=Linux

If it doesn't work, it could be because Qt 4.4.0 includes an old
snapshot of QtWebKit, you'll need to try a more recent one.

Good luck,
marcoil