[webkit-dev] flash player on Linux?

Benjamin Meyer benjamin.meyer at trolltech.com
Tue Jul 8 04:27:56 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 08 July 2008 08:39:23 leslie lige wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is it possible  to play flash in a webkit browser under x86-Linux ? how to
> do that?
>
> I'm trying to use Qt 4.4.0 's demo browser, but I can't find any suitable
> flashplayer plugin for it.
>
> thanks & with regards,
>
> Leslie

Qt 4.4.0 doesn't contain support for flash, To get flash support with Qt you
have to either wait for Qt 4.5 or you can use webkit trunk.  The flash
support in trunk is still ongoing development and not finished.  An example
of using webkit trunk with Qt 4.4 can be found on the Arora wiki page (and in
the arora source's)
http://code.google.com/p/arora/wiki/source?tm=4

-Benjamin Meyer